The following are general eligibility guidelines, but they do not apply to all services.
Please call 808-270-7774 for more details:
- U.S. citizen or qualified alien
- 60 years or older
- Client is not already receiving service from another government (e.g. Medicaid) or private service (e.g. Home Health Agency) provider
- Live in a residence, not an institution (intermediate care facility, skilled nursing facility, adult residential care home, hospital, or foster family)
- Have impairment of two or more acitives of daily living (ADL)* or instrumental activiities of daily living (IADL)** or significantly reduced mental capacity
- Have two or more unmet ADL* or IADL** need
*Activities of daily living (ADL) are routine activities that people tend do everyday without needing assistance. There are six basic ADLs: eating, bathing, dressing, toileting, transferring (walking) and continence.
**Instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs) are the complex skills needed to successfully live independently. These skills are usually learned during the teenage years and include the following: preparing meals, shopping, managing money, using the telephone, doing housework, using public transportation,and managing/taking medications.